What is the purpose of working?
Been busy for the past few days too. Come to think of it, I'm busy most of my time at work and this sucks real big time. What's our purpose of slogging so hard at work? I've been thinking about this for quite some time. We work. We go home. We sleep. Before you know it, it's the next day and the routine goes on and on and on, just like the Lamb Chop Play-along song. Jia should know this very well.
For me now, my main purpose is money and I don't find it purposeful at all. Money is so superficial. Why can't things be simplier? Why must we have money to fulfil our wants and needs? Without money, you can't do things you want to do, you can't travel, you can't study, you can't do this, you can't do that. Seems like some things ONLY money can buy. I don't want to live my life working my ass off just to get money to do and experience things I want to. I think by the time I have the money to travel, I will be like 40? I hate money but yet I want it. What an irony.
I want job satifisfaction and appreciation which I've yet to attained and that's kinda depressing. My work life is so stale. Maybe I'm not ready to work.
So, what's the ultimate purpose to work? I guess it's for our next generation. We live to pass it on. So I guess the reason behind it is to provide a better life for ourselves and most importantly, our next generation. But I cannot even envision until so far! :S Maybe I should start reading the Purpose Driven Life. hmm..
Anyways, looks like for now, I still have to work. :S
For me now, my main purpose is money and I don't find it purposeful at all. Money is so superficial. Why can't things be simplier? Why must we have money to fulfil our wants and needs? Without money, you can't do things you want to do, you can't travel, you can't study, you can't do this, you can't do that. Seems like some things ONLY money can buy. I don't want to live my life working my ass off just to get money to do and experience things I want to. I think by the time I have the money to travel, I will be like 40? I hate money but yet I want it. What an irony.
I want job satifisfaction and appreciation which I've yet to attained and that's kinda depressing. My work life is so stale. Maybe I'm not ready to work.
So, what's the ultimate purpose to work? I guess it's for our next generation. We live to pass it on. So I guess the reason behind it is to provide a better life for ourselves and most importantly, our next generation. But I cannot even envision until so far! :S Maybe I should start reading the Purpose Driven Life. hmm..
Anyways, looks like for now, I still have to work. :S
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home